We’ve been planning for the Door County Folk Festival (DCFF) so that we’ll be ready to rock ‘n roll from Wednesday, July 11, through Sunday, July 15, 2018 – so be prepared to “Get Your Foot in the Door!”.
- Please download our 4-page brochure at: dcff.net/brochure/
- Please download our 2-page registration form at: dcff.net/regform/
- NOTE: The brochure includes a registration form.
Firstly, let’s give a big “thank you” to the many wonderful Friends of the Festival who helped us exceed our GoFundMe Campaign goal this past fall.
We invite you to join us at the 2018 Festival!
Secondly, we’re letting you know that we’ve been busy making some significant changes to the Festival this year, including:
- Consolidating all activities in Baileys Harbor, including Tri Bratovchedki’s singing workshops
- Recruiting a great group of new and returning Regional Dance Instructors
- Inviting a fantastic Balkan band from the Chicago Area, Balkana, led by clarinetist Jim Stoynoff
- Creating great opportunities to dance to live music from the Balkans
- Engaging Jim Stoynoff to present a very interesting culture session about Balkan Music on Friday
- Planning a group discussion to cover either “Social Media Marketing for IFD” or “Working with Digitized Music” on Saturday
- Starting all parties at 8:00pm and expanding the time devoted to request dancing
- Holding a “BYO Desert to Share Social Hour” in Baileys Harbor Park prior to Friday night’s party
- Continuing with 2 Fish Boil seatings prior to Saturday night’s party (reserve your places early)
- Contemplating other cool activities that will add to the fun of our extended July weekend
Check what’s happening by visiting our website: www.dcff.net/
Registration is open as of April 28th – If booking through DCFF reserve your lodging space early!
- DCFF continues to offer a “one-stop-shopping” registration process so that you can secure your lodging package and a weekend pass in a single transaction.
- You are also welcome to book your own lodging at other area motels or campgrounds and to purchase your passes/tickets from DCFF separately.
- If you’re planning to attend DCFF 2018 and prefer to book with us, please make an early deposit so that we can hold lodging space for you.
- In last year’s SNAFU, we lost many moderately priced rooms and we had to reserve more expensive rooms. Your advanced deposits will lower this risk significantly.
- We’ve reserved blocks of 15 moderately-priced rooms at the Ridges Inn (Baileys Harbor), and 15 moderately priced rooms at the Coachlite Inn (Sister Bay), for a total of 30 rooms.
- We’ve reserved a block of campsites at the Beantown Campground (Baileys Harbor)
- These lodgings will go quickly – especially since we’ve secured them at last year’s prices
- You may reserve motel lodging for 3 or more nights (i.e. limited reservations for 1 or 2 nights) and through DCFF, you may secure lodging before and after the Festival at our discounted rate
- We have fewer rooms this year as the Bluffside has been sold and will not re-open as a motel
- NOTE: This lodging reservation secures you space in your preferred motel (as available) – This is not a full deposit for a specific room. Because of the nature and size of our group, we work with the motel operators to make specific room assignments in June. You may request a specific room (if available) when you register and pay in full
- For single & double occupancy, the deposit is $175 per room
- For 3 or more persons occupancy, the deposit is $200 per room
- For double occupancy and needing a roommate, the deposit is $100 per person
- For camping, the deposit is $50 per tent
- You may select either the Ridges Inn or the Coachlite Inn or Beantown Campground as your preference
- Lodging will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis
- You may apply your deposit as a credit when you register and pay in full
- To place your early lodging reservation, go to: www.dcff.net/lodging/
- You will be directed to paypal.com where you may make an early deposit using your credit/debit card or your PayPal account.
Please pass this information on the others in your personal network that might be interested in DCFF and let them know that they can find us online and watch for updates.
- Visit our website at: dcff.net/
- Join our email distribution list at: dcff.net/email-signup/
- Become a Facebook Fan (click “Like”) at: facebook.com/dcfolkfest/
- Follow us on Twitter at: twitter.com/dcfolkfest/
- Join our Facebook Discussion Group at: facebook.com/dcffmail/
We look forward to seeing you as you “Get Your Foot in the Door” and “Put Your Foot on the Floor” at DCFF 2018.
Any questions please contact me:
- MyEmail: email@example.com
- MyCell/Text: 847-846-8139
Get Your Foot in the Door!
39th Annual Door County Folk Festival
(Wed-Sun, July 11-15, 2018)